This is an assessment qualification.
To attain level II S/NVQ qualification in the candidates chosen skilled trade, this award enables the candidate to apply for the CPCS Competent Operator Card (Blue Card)
Candidates must have passed the CSCS Health & Safety Test (Within the last 24 months) and must also hold a current valid CPCS trained operative card (RED CARD) in order to begin this VQ.
- Establishing the weight and dimensions of loads and communicating this information to the crane operator
- Selecting appropriate lifting tackle, attaching and detaching it correctly and safely
- Directing the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions, giving clear and unambiguous signals in such a manner as to ensure the safety of personnel and plant
- Determining the serviceability of lifting tackle maintaining and storing it correctly
- The duties and responsibilities, as required by statute, of a slinger/signaller
- The effects of load movement on the stability of a crane
- Potential hazards associated with crane operation how to overcome them
- The effect of varying the angles of multi-leg slings and how to calculate their safe working loads
- Methods of establishing weights and dimensions of loads
- The standard code of plant equipment signals
- Operator problems of crane control
- Automatic safe load indicators
- Crane safety devices
These S/NVQ qualifications request the candidate to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that candidates are competent against a set of performance statements. Candidates are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with candidates and help them through the S/NVQ programme.
CPCS Card (Blue Competent Operators card)
This Level II S/NVQ is required to allow application for the CPCS BLUE CARD.
Live on site assessment carried out.
Assessment Fee: £670 (+ VAT)
Registration and certification fee’s: £59.50 (VAT exempt
Note: Additional travel charges may be applied for assessments that are conducted out with 25 miles from our Blackridge centre.
Arrange your course with Sibbald
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900