The NRSW course is designed to assess and qualify experienced operatives (please note this course is for operatives only, supervisor availability can be found under NRSWA 5 Days - Supervisor course).
The NRSWA training course content includes:
- LA - Location and avoidance of underground apparatus.
- O1 - Signing, lighting and guarding.
- O2 - Excavation in the highway.
- O3 - Reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials.
- O4 - Reinstatement of sub-base and road base non-bituminous materials.
- O5- Reinstatement and Compaction of cold lay bituminous materials.
- O6- Reinstatement and Compaction of hot lay bituminous materials.
- O8 – Reinstatement of Modular surfaces and Concrete footways.
By the end of the NRSWA course delegates will be able to:
• Summarise the requirements of the current NRSW Act.
• Select appropriate personal protective and safety equipment as required to carry out street works activities.
• Provide a safe working environment for themselves and others.
The NRSWA course is highly interactive with a high proportion of discussions, best practice sharing, syndicate practical exercises and case studies will be supplemented with classroom based tutorial.
Delegates will be continuously assessed during the NRSWA course in preparation for tablet based examinations, one exam for each unit.
Issue of the related NRSW card (valid 5 years) will be awarded to those persons who successfully complete the NRSW assessments.
Pre-Requisites: The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English. Only those with experience should attend, this is an assessment or test.
A training group may contain a mix of both Supervisors and Operatives; however, a minimum of 2 Operatives must be available for Supervisors to carry out monitoring exercises, thus enabling the most effective development of these candidates.
There may be a CITB Grant available to support the cost of training. Please see Grants & Funding for Industry Support - CITB or call 0344 994 4455
Sibbald Training are an Approved Training Organisation with CITB, and will make the claim on your behalf if your company levy number is provided at the time of booking.
Arrange your course with Sibbald
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900