This course is designed to provide delegates with the skills and knowledge required to plan, supervise and manage work at height. It covers health and safety and regulatory requirements, selecting and planning staff and equipment, producing work schedules and site supervision.
This course is aimed at those in a supervisory /management position working in industries which involve working at height including, construction, utilities, and facilities management.
• Principles of work at height
• Standards and regulations for working at height
• Principles for the control of work at height
• Requirements of a workplace health and safety risk
• Safe working practices for working at height
• Selection of work at height equipment - hierarchy of
• Selection of staff and contractors for work at height
• Planning considerations
• Types of documentation
• Preventing injuries from falling objects and fragile
• Assessing site conditions for work at height
• Equipment inspection requirements and record
• Method statements
• Work at height rescue plan
• Supervision and management of work at height
• Duty of care
• Dynamic risk assessment
• Dangerous occurrence and near miss
Practical assignment - evaluation and risk assessment for work at height activities
Delegates successfully completing the course will will be issued with a certification by City & Guilds.
In order to attend this training course good written and spoken English is required.
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900