Candidates must have passed the CSCS Health and Safety test (within the last 24 months)
- Operating the plant machinery on all normal tasks for which it is designed
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carrying out routine telescopic handler servicing procedures and plant maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions
- Conducting minor mechanical adjustments
- Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, and loading in onto a transporter in accordance with the requirements of the UK Road Traffic Acts
- Understanding the purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation
- How the handler machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Loading, storage and transit of representative materials
- The basic construction of pallets
- The permitted loading of scaffolds
A - Industrial Telescopic
B - Up To 9metres
C - All Sizes EXC SLEW
D - All Sizes INC SLEW
E - Suspended Loads
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, candidates must pass both the CSCS Health and Safety test (within the last 2 years) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
LocationSibbald Limited Centre Locations
If you are an approved CITB levy paying organisation then the theory and practical testing is eligible for a grant of £240.00 when a course is successfully completed (subject to meeting the eligibility criteria).
Sibbald Training are an Approved Training Organisation with CITB, and will make the claim on your behalf if your company levy number is provided at the time of booking (or you can make the claim later direct if this information is not available).
Arrange your course with Sibbald
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900