Anyone wishing to attend this course MUST have a basic understanding and knowledge of health & safety issues, and have passed the relevant health & safety touch screen test within the last 2 years.
For Experienced Operators or those who require a re-test only please contact one of our booking team on 01501 750900 and we will be happy to assist.
Training and Testing - 5 Days
Re-Test Only - 1 Day
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their duties and responsibilities as a Slinger/Signaller.
- Name and explain the purpose of differing types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories, basic construction, uses and applications, characteristics and terminology.
- Conform to Manufacturer’s requirements as per the technical data, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non- serviceable items.
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service.
- Identify centres of gravity and estimate weights of loads.
- Prepare and ready the area of operation.
On successful completion of the course delegates will be able to: -
- Establish and communicate to the crane operator the weight and dimensions of loads.
- Select appropriate lifting tackle, attach and detach it correctly and safely.
- Use clear and unambiguous signals to direct the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions.
- Determine the serviceability of lifting accessories, maintaining and storing them correctly.
- Transfer loads using a mobile crane in blocked duties as well as pick and carry duties.
Teaching is carried out both in a classroom environment teaching theory and within a simulated working environment with candidates using the plant machinery and practically applying the theory.
CPCS Theory & Practical Testing takes place on the last day of the course.
This course will give delegates a CPCS Red Trained Operator card (on successful completion of both CPCS Technical Tests).
Trained Operator Card (RED)
The Trained Operator Card confirms a level of core skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in the workplace until measured as competent against national standards. Experienced and able operators may hold a Trained Operator Card whilst being measured against national standards through an SVQ or NVQ.
Once you've obtained your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, it will last for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
Competent Operator Card (BLUE)
The Competent Operator Card tells the observer that the holder has demonstrated a level of health and safety awareness through the CITB Health, safety and environment test, underpinning knowledge previously through a CPCS theory test, operating ability previously through a CPCS practical test and operating competence on the type of plant (evidenced by an SVQ or NVQ or employer confirmation of competence).
Sign up for a Blue CPCS Vocational Qualification here.
Pre-requisites: You must have a basic understanding and knowledge of current Health & Safety issues. The relevant CITB Health Safety & Environment touchscreen test must be current and in date (completed within the last 24 months).
If you are an approved CITB levy paying organisation then the theory and practical testing is eligible for a grant of £300.00 when a course is successfully completed (subject to meeting the eligibility criteria).
Sibbald Training are an Approved Training Organisation with CITB, and will make the claim on your behalf if your company levy number is provided at the time of booking (or you can make the claim later direct if this information is not available).https://www.nocnjobcards.org/CPCS/
Arrange your course with Sibbald
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900