To provide thorough practical and theory Telescopic Handler training, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests. Telescopic Handler training is required to be able to use this machinery efficiently.
Potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
· Operating the plant machinery on all normal tasks for which it is designed
· Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift
· Carrying out routine telescopic handler servicing procedures and plant maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions
· Conducting minor mechanical adjustments
· Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, and loading in onto a transporter in accordance with the requirements of the UK Road Traffic Acts
· Understanding the purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation
· How the handler machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
· The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
· Loading, storage and transit of representative materials
· The basic construction of pallets
· The permitted loading of scaffolds
C - All Sizes EXC SLEW
Candidate will gain knowledge and competance to competently and safely carry out the plant operators role.
Teaching is carried out both in a classroom environment teaching theory and within a simulated working environment with candidates using the plant machinery and practically applying the theory.
CPCS Theory & Practical Testing takes place on the last day of the course.
This course will give delegates a CPCS Red Trained Operator card (on successful completion of both CPCS Technical Tests).
Trained Operator Card (RED)
The Trained Operator Card confirms a level of core skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in the workplace until measured as competent against national standards. Experienced and able operators may hold a Trained Operator Card whilst being measured against national standards through an SVQ or NVQ.
Once you've obtained your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, it will last for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
Competent Operator Card (BLUE)
The Competent Operator Card tells the observer that the holder has demonstrated a level of health and safety awareness through the CITB Health, safety and environment test, underpinning knowledge previously through a CPCS theory test, operating ability previously through a CPCS practical test and operating competence on the type of plant (evidenced by an SVQ or NVQ or employer confirmation of competence).
Sign up for a Blue CPCS Vocational Qualification here.
Pre-requisites: You must have a basic understanding and knowledge of current Health & Safety issues. The relevant CITB Health Safety & Environment touchscreen test must be current and in date (completed within the last 24 months).
There may be a CITB Grant available to support the cost of training. Please see Grants & Funding for Industry Support - CITB or call 0344 994 4455
Sibbald Training are an Approved Training Organisation with CITB, and will make the claim on your behalf if your company levy number is provided at the time of booking.https://www.nocnjobcards.org/CPCS/
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900