About EUSR Category 3 - Install, Inspect and Remove Timber Shoring Systems
This Safety course introduced the learner to the theoretical and practical dangers of excavation work. Examples of areas covered are, but not limited to, the HSE's HSG15O and HSG47 guidance documents, as well as the Construction Industry Research and Information Associations report.
This course includes practical training and assessments whist installing ground support systems, in a live dig environment, with specific temporary work designs.
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to oversee or carry out work in or around excavations. If you physically install, inspect or remove shoring systems and haven't had any formal training, this course is essential to minimise risk to yourself and those around you.
- Identify hazards associated with timber excavations and implement control measures
- Differentiate between soil types and ground conditions
- Recognise suitable ground retention systems
- Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
- Understand current legislation, policies and procedures associated with safety in excavations
- Execute the safe installation, removal, and inspection of timber shoring systems
- Interpret specific temporary work designs
Arrange your course with Sibbald
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900