This course can be used as part of the Level 2 NVQ Mandatory Unit Conforming to Productive
Working Practices in the Workplace. It provides the knowledge components of this unit and the final
module will allow you to write in your answers which, once marked as completed by your assessor
can then be downloaded and used as part of your work portfolio.
This unit covers 7 areas:
1. Complying With Information - this module will cover where you might find information
relating to your work, how to report incorrect information that you may come across.
2. Complying with relevant legislation and official guidance - this module covers aspects of
moving and handling legislation and guidance in relation to working in confined spaces,
working below ground level, working at height, tools and equipment, materials and
substances and the movement and storage of materials. This section also covers fire safety
including identifying types of extinguishers and when to use them.
3. Maintaining Safe Working Practices - this module looks at how to maintain safe working
practices when moving, handling or storing resources. You’ll also learn about the main types
of health and safety control equipment and why it should be used.
4. Selecting the Required Quantity and Quality of Resources - in this module you’ll discover
how to select the required quantity and quality of resources, what to do if there are
problems with resources and some of the hazards associated with moving and handling
5. Preventing the Damage to Occupational Resources and the Environment - this module will
explain how to prevent the risk of damage to occupational resources and the surrounding
environment when moving, handling or storing resources.
6. Completing Work Within the Allocated Time - this module will highlight the importance of
completing work within the allocated time when moving, handling or storing resources.
7. Complying with Occupational Resource Information - this module will show you how to
comply with the given occupational resource information when moving, handling or storing
As this unit can be used as part of several Level 2 NVQ courses it is aimed at anyone taking one of
Complying With Information
Complying with Legislation and Guidance
Maintaining Safe Working Practices
Selecting the Required Quantity and Quality of Resources
Preventing the Damage to Occupational Resources and the Environment
Completing Work Within the Allocated Time
Complying with Occupational Resource Information
The other Level 2 NVQ units we offer all work well alongside this course. There are also several other
Health and Safety courses that will provide more detail on some of the specific hazards that might
be encountered on construction sites. These include, Asbestos Awareness, COSHH and Abrasive
Arrange your course with Sibbald
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900