- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with plant manufacturer's requirements as per the operator's handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for travel (site and highway)
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces - loaded and unloaded
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Position to receive loads
- Comply with plant loading procedures
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Transer loads to different locations
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shutdown and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
C: All sizes (wheeled)
D: All sizes (tracked)
These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
Price Per Delegate
May be obtained upon application.
If you are an approved CITB levy paying organisation then the theory and practical testing is eligible for a grant of £300.00 when a course is successfully completed (subject to meeting the eligibility criteria).
Sibbald Training are an Approved Training Organisation with CITB, and will make the claim on your behalf if your company levy number is provided at the time of booking (or you can make the claim later direct if this information is not available).
Arrange your course with Sibbald
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900