Potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
- Operating the plant machinery to a minimum standard
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- Siting the machine safely and efficiently
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Preparing the machine for travelling on the public highway
- The capabilities of each machine, its purpose and limitations
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- How diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
- How to interpret the information provided by level pegs, profiles and so on
- What routine adjustments and servicing procedures are necessary for the plant equipment, and how to carry them out
C: Lifting Operations
Candidate will gain knowledge and competance to competently and safely carry out the plant operators role.
Teaching is carried out both in a classroom environment teaching theory and within a simulated working environment with candidates using the plant machinery and practically applying the theory.
CPCS Theory & Practical Testing takes place on the last day of the course.
This course will give delegates a CPCS Red Trained Operator card (on successful completion of both CPCS Technical Tests).
Trained Operator Card (RED)
The Trained Operator Card confirms a level of core skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in the workplace until measured as competent against national standards. Experienced and able operators may hold a Trained Operator Card whilst being measured against national standards through an SVQ or NVQ.
Once you've obtained your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, it will last for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
Competent Operator Card (BLUE)
The Competent Operator Card tells the observer that the holder has demonstrated a level of health and safety awareness through the CITB Health, safety and environment test, underpinning knowledge previously through a CPCS theory test, operating ability previously through a CPCS practical test and operating competence on the type of plant (evidenced by an SVQ or NVQ or employer confirmation of competence).
Sign up for a Blue CPCS Vocational Qualification here.
Pre-requisites: You must have a basic understanding and knowledge of current Health & Safety issues. The relevant CITB Health Safety & Environment touchscreen test must be current and in date (completed within the last 24 months).
There may be a CITB Grant available to support the cost of training. Please see Grants & Funding for Industry Support - CITB or call 0344 994 4455
Sibbald Training are an Approved Training Organisation with CITB, and will make the claim on your behalf if your company levy number is provided at the time of booking.
Arrange your course with Sibbald
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900