To provide thorough practical and theory Ride on Roller training, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests. Ride on Roller training is required to be able to use this machinery efficiently.
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all necessary plant equipment pre-use and running checks.
- Set the roller for site travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the roller for compaction duties.
- Prepare an area prior to compacting, i.e. traffic/personnel management etc.
- Compact different materials to given instructions.
- Compact up to supported and unsupported edges, against radii and around obstructions
- Place the roller in an out-of-service condition.
- Recognise compacted and uncompact areas.
- State conditions that may cause instability of the ride on roller.
- State safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges.
- Explain safety procedures when compacting on inclines.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Candidate will gain knowledge and competance to competently and safely carry out the plant operators role.
Teaching is carried out both in a classroom environment teaching theory and within a simulated working environment with candidates using the plant machinery and practically applying the theory.
CPCS Theory & Practical Testing.
This course will give delegates a CPCS Red Trained Operator card (on successful completion of both CPCS Technical Tests).
Trained Operator Card (RED)
The Trained Operator Card confirms a level of core skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in the workplace until measured as competent against national standards. Experienced and able operators may hold a Trained Operator Card whilst being measured against national standards through an SVQ or NVQ.
Once you've obtained your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card, it will last for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.
Competent Operator Card (BLUE)
The Competent Operator Card tells the observer that the holder has demonstrated a level of health and safety awareness through the CITB Health, safety and environment test, underpinning knowledge previously through a CPCS theory test, operating ability previously through a CPCS practical test and operating competence on the type of plant (evidenced by an SVQ or NVQ or employer confirmation of competence).Sign up for a Blue CPCS Vocational Qualification here.
Pre-requisites: You must have a basic understanding and knowledge of current Health & Safety issues. The relevant CITB Health Safety & Environment touchscreen test must be current and in date (completed within the last 24 months).
There may be a CITB Grant available to support the cost of training. Please see Grants & Funding for Industry Support - CITB or call 0344 994 4455
Sibbald Training are an Approved Training Organisation with CITB, and will make the claim on your behalf if your company levy number is provided at the time of booking.https://www.nocnjobcards.org/CPCS/
Arrange your course with Sibbald
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900