Health & Safety
Health & Safety Policy
Sibbald Ltd is fully committed to achieving and maintaining the highest standards of Health and Safety for its employees and to create a safe working environment at all times.
To identify and minimise the risk of injury and ill health of all persons who are affected by the company’s activities
To ensure compliance with all applicable legal and other requirements to which the company subscribes.
To reduce by all practicable means the number of accidents, dangerous incidents, damage to property and hazards to health and safety at the place of work through a process of objectives and targets aimed at continual health & safety improvement.
In order to achieve these objectives the company will: –
- Provide safety advice and expertise to assist supervisors and all employees to undertake their work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Provide, develop and maintain safety procedures as a framework and guide for safe working practices.
- Issue a copy of the Company Safety Policy and Company Safety Procedures to all appropriate staff and require that it be properly maintained and readily accessible.
- Require all staff to be aware of their safety responsibilities, and to comply with the Company and procedural arrangements detailed in individual responsibilities and arrangements.
- Require each supervisor to be responsible for identifying and, in conjunction with the Safety Advisor, providing relevant safety training for operatives and staff.
- Require to give staff the necessary authority and responsibility to implement the Company Safety Policy throughout its operations.
The Managing Director of Sibbald Limited reminds all employees that they have a responsibility not only for their own safety, but for that of their colleagues, by undertaking their work in a safe and responsible manner.
Statement of intent – extract from IMS-PCY-003