Sibbald Ltd is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimises our potential impact upon the environment.
- We will operate in a manner that ensures compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and other requirements affecting our business.
- We will strive to prevent pollution by implementing environmental best practice in all we do.
- We will take appropriate action to protect the environment, which may include the use of sustainable resources, climate change mitigation and protection of biodiversity and ecosystems.
- We will implement a programme of objectives and targets that will provide a framework for continual improvement.
To enable us to carry out our objectives, we will:
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
Statement of Intent
Extract from policy IMS-PCY-004