To provide delegates with basic information and areas of responsibility for health, safety and the environment to ensure that workers in the industry and particularly contractors working on forecourts are trained to meet specified standards.
The SPA Safety Passport is a requirement for all contractors undertaking work on petrol filling stations.
If you’ve previously attended an SPA approved Health & Safety course, you can apply for the DAY 1 exemption.
The SPA passport scheme recognises that delegates who have attended and passed any of the courses listed, with 3 months or more remaining do not need to attend the SPA passport scheme Core Training -
• IOSH Working Safely
• CCNSG Passport to Safety
• IOSH Managing Safely
• IOSH Supervising Safely
• NEBOSH Certificate
• CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme
• FAS Safe Pass
• ADT H&S module
• NEBOSH Diploma
• CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme
• CITB - Site Safety for Shopfitters and Interior
If you qualify for Core Day Exemption, you only need
to attend (DAY 2 - Petrol Retail). You must provide
evidence of exemption (i.e. copy course certificate)
prior to booking or attending the course.
DAY 1 - Core
• Setting the Scene
• Organising for Safety
- Responsibilities, duties and risk assessment, consultation and enforcement officers
• Workplace Safety
- General workplace safety requirements, behavioural safety, fire safety, working at height, hidden services, asbestos, confined spaces, and display screen equipment
• Plant & Machinery
- Hand held tools, electricity, and power tools
- Hygiene, hazardous substances, effects of the sun, temperature, occupational diseases, manual handling, vibration, noise and stress
- Safe systems of work, first aid requirements and occupational road accidents
• The Environment
- Pollution and waste, employers and employees responsibilities, Petrol Retail Day
DAY 2 - Petrol Retail
• Hazards on a Petrol Filling Station
- Hazardous zones
• Controlling Work on a Forecourt
- Work control procedures, task classification and required documentation
• Safe Working Practices
• Case Studies
Delegates successfully completing the course will receive a SPA Safety Passport photo ID card which is valid for three years.
Arrange your course with Sibbald
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900