This one day Health and Safety Awareness course aims to ensure that the delegate understands:
• Why they are carrying out their identified duties.
• What is expected of them.
• To ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
The CITB Health and Safety Awareness course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce, to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site.
It provides a practical summary of health and safety, welfare and environmental issues identifying individual responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employer's duties are and what should be done if they think anyone's health and safety is being put at risk.
At the end of the The Health and Safety Awareness Site Safety Plus training course, delegates will be able to:
• Understand the need to prevent accidents.
• Have an understanding of health and safety law.
• Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site.
• Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements.
• Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure.
• Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident.
A high proportion of discussions, teaching and sharing best practice, group exercises and case studies will be supplemented with classroom based tutorials presentations and videos.
Delegates will be continuously assessed during the course in preparation for the final examination.
CITB Site Safety Plus, Health Safety Awareness Certificate
Pre-Requisites: The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English
Please note: On top of this course attendance a successful completion of a Health, Safety & Environment Touchscreen test will be required to apply for a CSCS Labourers Green Card. You may wish to book this separately for the same day in order to gain all you require for a CSCS Labourers Green Card.
Courses can be arranged at your location on a date to suit your needs.
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900
Sibbald Park, Blackridge