Candidates must have passed the CSCS Health and Safety test (within the last 24 months)
- Basic construction, names of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges
- Use of the plant equipment operator’s handbook, etc
- Pre-use and running checks
- Set the vehicle for site and road travel
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough, undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state
- Manoeuvre the vehicle in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other hazards
- Position the dump truck to receive loads
- Comply with plant loading procedures, loading entegrity and security
- Discharge loads into trenches or over edges
- Place the dump truck in an out-of-service condition
- Loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporters
- Trained operator achievement test
A: Up to 15 tonnes
B: All Sizes
To obtain the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CSCS Health and Safety test (within the last 24 months) and the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at: www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
LocationSibbald Limited Centre Locations
If you are an approved CITB levy paying organisation then the theory and practical testing is eligible for a grant of £300.00 when a course is successfully completed.
Sibbald Training are an Approved Training Organisation with CITB, and will make the claim on your behalf if your company levy number is provided at the time of booking (or you can make the claim later direct if this information is not available).
Arrange your course with Sibbald
If pre-scheduled dates are not listed on this page, or if the dates published do not fit your requirement, please contact us as arrangements can be made to suit your needs.
Chat: Use our chat bot at the bottom right of this page.
Tel: 01501 750900